Baking soda has been a kitchen staple for generations, but it’s also a major player in the beauty realm. It’s inexpensive, it’s beyond easy to find, it’s probably already in your kitchen—baking soda has countless beauty uses.So, read on to discover our favorite incredibly easy uses for baking soda in your beauty routine:
1. Deodorant – Baking soda has a natural deodorizing properties, which makes it an effective DIY natural deodorant. Simply mix it with water to turn it into a moist paste. Then, apply it to your underarms to prevent sweat stains and body odor.
2. Face Peeling – Make a paste consisted of ¾ of baking soda and ¼ of water. Using this mixture you can eliminate dead cells from the surface of your face, without worrying that your face will scrape – baking soda is gentle.
3. Shampoo For Dry Hair – Apply a bit of baking soda on the hair roots (do not exaggerate because your hair will look white) leave it to act for a few minutes in order to absorb the particles that makes it look oily, then give your scalp a good massage. Lastly, comb your hair.
4. Clarifying Shampoo – Every now and then, your scalp needs a deep peeling treatment. Add one tablespoon of baking soda to your favorite shampoo, then wash your hair with this combination. This will remove any accumulated hair product remains and will make your hair, soft, mild and beautiful.
5. Body Peeling – Take one empty bottle. Fill the bottle or pack the halfway with baking soda and add 25 drops of essential oil, then add water to fill the container.
6. Teeth Whitening – Simply add a small amount of baking soda on top of your toothpaste and brush your teeth with this blend. (Clean gently for 2 minutes) It is not for regular use. However, do not use this mixture too often because it can damage your enamel. Furthermore, remember that it’s not prescribe to utilize this technique if you have sensitive teeth.
7. Coating For Soothing Burns – Make a mixture of 2 teaspoons of baking soda in one liter of water, then soak clean soft cloth and apply on the critical area as covering. Change the cloth after becomes dry and warm. This mixture is extremely useful for sunburns, because it helps to reduce the heat, renew the skin, and helps to decrease pain.
8. Pedicure – Put your feet in a lukewarm water and add 2-3 teaspoons of baking soda and stir to dissolve. Add some essential oil like lavender, because it has relaxing properties. Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes. After this, make a peeling for the feet using the same mixture as for the face peeling.